What to Expect when Volunteering:
Between October 9th and October 31st
Fridays, and Saturdays and also on Halloween night the volunteer hours are from 6 PM to approximately midnight.
Thursday evening the volunteer hours are from 6 PM to approximately 11 PM.
Halloween Kids Bash the volunteer hours are from 12 PM to 4:30 PM.
*Please note that events may be longer or shorter depending on the crowds each evening*
When Working the Event:
- When arriving at the state park please notify the park staff at the entrance gate that you are volunteering for the event. Parking is available at the far West of the parking lot.
- Each day you volunteer you must check in at the Staff Center in the Commissary at the state park when you arrive and depart. Please enter through the West door of the Commissary.
- Volunteers must adhere to all park rules and regulations.
- Volunteers must obey all park staff safety requirements.
- Volunteers may be placed in dark areas with lots of light effects and fog machines. Please let us know if you have concerns or issues regarding this type of placement.
- For your comfort, bring warm clothing. Some of the park buildings are heated but not all of them.
- Bring a mask and dress in all black clothing. Please wear comfortable shoes. No sandals or open toe or open heal shoes allowed. We ask you keep with the all black theme and do not wear white or colored footwear!
- Also recommend you bring a water container or bottled water. Some buildings do not have running water in them.
Dates of the Event:
Haunted Fort Event:
October 7th, 8th, 14th, 15th, 21st, 22nd, 28th, 29th
Halloween Kids Bash Event: October 23rd
All volunteers must have some form of identification in order to check in for the event.
Haunted Fort wants to allow all ages that have a sinister interest in Halloween be allowed to work in the haunted houses to enjoy an experience in volunteering at this event. Because of the nature of the event, we do have some age requirements.
Volunteer under the age of 18 MUST have their registration signed by a parent or guardian.
Volunteer under the age of 14 MUST also have a parent or guardian with them at all times of the event.
Benefits for being a Volunteer at the Haunted Fort Event:
One free pass for you to attend the event at later date
Free food and refreshments will be provided to the volunteers.
Breaks will be given throughout the volunteer’s time at the event.